We live in the era where getting the latest and greatest information is key to success. By learning about our industry we can stay up to date, find opportunities, and even see upcoming trends before they occur. With this in mind we assembled a list of marketing organizations that provide valuable resources to marketers.
1. American Marketing Association (AMA) – AMA is one of the largest marketing associations in the world. They provide resources to marketers to stay relevant with knowledge, training and tools to enhance lifelong learning and obtain valuable information and connections. In addition, they have great advertising opportunities. Visit AMA.
2. MarketingSherpa – MarketingSherpa is a research firm specializing in tracking what works in all aspects of marketing. Their research activities include case study interviews, surveys of their readership, exclusive lab tests, and a collection of analysis of “best of” research data published by other research firms and service providers. Visit MarketingSherpa.
3. MarketingProfs – MarketingProfs offers real-world education for modern marketers through training, best practices, research and other content. They have 600K members and the basic membership is free through which marketers can access marketing articles, email newsletters, discussion forums and sponsored seminars and virtual conferences. Visit MarketingProfs.
4. Mobile Marketing Association – The mission of MMA is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Mobile marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tables. Visit MMA.
5. American Association of Advertising Agencies – The 4A’s is the national trade association representing the advertising agency business in the United States. They offer their members the broadest possible services, expertise and information regarding the advertising agency business. Visit 4As.
6. Association of National Advertisers (ANA) – The ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. Their members are 10,000 brands collectively spending over $250 billion in marketing and advertising. ANA promotes the well-being of the marketing community and offers events, webinars, and training. Visit ANA.
7. CMO Council – A global network of executives dedicated to high-level knowledge exchange, thought leadership and personal relationship building among senior corporate marketing leaders and brand decision-makers across a wide range of global industries. The organization has 9,000 members that control more than $450 billion in aggregated annual marketing expenditure. Visit CMO Council.
8. DMA – The DMA is an independent organization for data-driven marketers. Their vision is for a world in which every marketer has the ability to provide their customers with exactly what they need, at precisely the right moment when they need it. Their mission is to advance and protect the responsible use of data-driven marketing wherever it is practiced. Visit DMA.
9. eMA – The eMarketing Association is a professional association of marketers involved with eMarketing and the integration of conventional marketing and eMarketing. eMA offers marketers the solutions, strategies, and credentials needed to further the success of their organization and their career. Visit eMA.
10. Internet Marketing Association (IMA) – IMA is a professional organization that has more than 1 million members in various fields including marketing. They provide a knowledge-sharing platform where proven internet marketing strategies are demonstrated and shared. Members are also encouraged to offer their input on topics related to the field and practice of internet marketing. Visit IMA.
11. ITSMA – ITSMA is a member community that specializes in helping companies market and sell services and solutions more effectively. They provide ideas, inspiration, action plans, training and other professional development opportunities to marketers. Visit ITSMA.
12. SEMPO – SEMPO is the largest nonprofit trade organization in the world serving the search and digital marketing industry and marketing professionals engaged in it. They provide programs and resources to help marketers succeed through education, networking and research. Visit SEMPO.